DIT’s School of Culinary Arts and Food Technology is putting together a hospitality exhibition with experts in the field. There will be talks on the future of the industry, recruitment, marketing and wine tasting. The exhibition, known as Irish Hospitality Industries Exhibition, will be held in the RDS Main Hall from the 6th-7th of February. For more information click on hospitality expo This is a great chance to hear from industry experts and meet people in your line of work.
Monday 11 December 2017
Thursday 7 December 2017
- There are different ways to search for journals on the catalogue, one of which is explained in the post ‘Using Journals’.· Remember to look out for the internet resource symbol, this will bring you to the eJournals or online journals (see image above). Not all journals are online.
- After you have clicked on the title you are looking for, you will see a link under ‘Connect to’ (see image above). Click on the link and you will be brought to the online journal.
- By accessing the journal through the library catalogue you will automatically be signed in, which will allow you to read the articles.
- The online journal will have different layouts to their home pages but look out for the word ‘Browse’ or ‘All issues’, or look out for the search box (see red arrows on image above).· With the search box you can search by subject (keyword), author, or title of article and you will be brought to a list of articles that should be relevant to your research needs.· If you know the year and issue of the article, use the search ‘All issues’ link. This will bring you to a list of articles published in this issue, scroll through the titles to find what you are looking for.
- Remember, some publications put a one-year embargo on journals. This means you will not be able to access a journal from the last year. If you have, any queries email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask at the desk.
Tuesday 21 November 2017
Public Gastronomy Lecture:
Is it time for a new flavour paradigm?
DIT School of Culinary Arts and Food Technology are delighted to announce a free Public Lecture by Professor Peter Klosse of the Hotel Management School Maastricht in the KOS Lecture Theatre, DIT Cathal Brugha Street on Wednesday Nov 22nd 2017 at 18.15 followed by a cheese and wine reception in the Green Room Restaurant.
This is a Free Public Lecture and is open to students, graduates and the general public.